Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year !!

I think the celebrating is finally over for a while. At least it better be. This morning both Samantha and I got ready to go over to my parents house so that Grammy H could buy Samantha some clothes for her birthday which is January 9th. Having her birthday 2 weeks after Christmas is a hard thing and since she is leaving on January 3rd to go back to California, I decided that we should celebrate her birthday today. Ice cream cake with the number 20 on it was served after a nice spaghetti dinner.

So Samantha, Grammy H and cousin Nicole went off to the mall. I went to Kohl's as my wonderful honey gave me a gift certificate to get me some new sneakers. There was so many choices to make. Do I get the Avias? Do I get the Reebok's? Do I get the Sketcher's? So many, How do I make a decision? After trying on various types of sneaker, I decided that I would go with the old stand by......Nike.

They fit perfect. I love a good fitting sneaker. Now, I can do the sneaking without any squeaking. Oh, did I mention that I got socks too. Yep, they are Nikes. Love the Nikes

Yucky picture of my new socks but hey I am not the professional in the family. You should have seen the picture I took with the socks on a WHITE background. Yup, thats right I can hear the gasps as I write this. Note to self: Do not take a picture of something white on a white background. Look, I just learned something new and it's almost 10:00 pm. Good for me.

Anyway, I only have one more day with Samantha. She is leaving on Thursday to go back to California. Won't see her again until after Jarrid is born. Which brings me to another subject. I am too young to be called Grammy. Grammy is my mother, Samantha's grandmother. I had thought that I would be called Meme. Thats French for grandmother, but there was a HUGE debate on that one with my family. I went on the good ole internet to find nicknames for grandmother. Nonna, Nona, Nanny, etc. I thought I could find one some what related to our Irish background. I looked at the name and decided that if I can't pronounce my own nickname, how would Jarrid. Then Mimi can into view. That had a certain ring to it. Maybe that would be it. Samantha was talking to Jackson's (baby's father) and his nieces. They came up with Gma. I might like the sound of that, just as long was Jarrid can pronounce it. We will see. He might come up with his own nickname for me. That would be nice. Time will tell.

Hope everyone has a Great and Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great looking footwear. Hope your feet stay comfortable for many a day. Nothing like nice white shoes.
Good luck on accepting the title of Grandmother pronounced any way he wants to say it. When Sam put Grammy and Grampy on our card I had to think twice who she was talking about.
Have a safe trip to Boston tomorrow.
Mary