Friday, December 28, 2007

All is quiet on the homefront.....for now.

Finally, the holiday season has ended. It was great though. Eric made it home on Christmas Eve. He called me around 4:30 am and asked if I was awake. Yes, I was. Didn't sleep all night knowing that he was on his way home. We made arrangements, he picked me up, drove with him to drop off the trailer that he had and then drove home. We had breakfast and off he went to do last minute Christmas shopping then 5 hours later Eric comes home. Takes a nap while I am at church. He was one tired trucker.

I woke up around 6:00 am on Christmas day. Eric was still sleeping. The dog realized that I was awake and belly crawled to nuzzle under my chin. Scratched him under the chin, on his shoulders and his hips. At one point I thought I saw him drool but then I recognized the drooler...it was Eric. Knowing that Santa had made his usual stop at our house (cuz we were good), I was wide awake. How am I going to wake up Eric without it really looking like I woke him up. I brought in my accomplice. I asked Sargeant in a soft whisper "where's daddy?" He got all excited and jump on Eric. Oops. Sargeant bad dog ::grinning:: "Oh so sorry, honey did sargeant wake you?" Well now that you are up...Santa was here. Let's go see what he brought us. Gifts were open. Thank yous given and received. What a good day.

Now off to the future-in-laws for breakfast and more gifts. Got a Boot-E bag. Just love it. A very nice home made sweatshirt/jacket. Something to keep the chill off and a tons of practical things that no one would ever think of except my F-M-I-L. Fantastic. Then lunch. I think I was going to explode if I ate one more thing. My parents house next.

It's a good thing that our parents live about 3 miles from each other. Makes holiday travel easy. Got more gifts. Eric got a fire pit for the backyard. Can't wait to use that. Had to leave it at my parents. Didn't have room to fit it in with the rest of the loot. Am going to get it tomorrow.

Picked up our daughter at the airport in Boston yesterday. Her plane landed at 5:51 am. 5 of her friends were visiting. Very loud now gone. Done explaining.

Now off to bed for me. Been a long week.

No comments: