Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Tree and Stuff

Eric came home on Thursday, November 29th. The plan was to get everything done for Christmas when he was home. Before the festivities began, we took some time for ourselves. I didn't tell anyone that he was home (sorry FFIL) and neither did he. It was nice to have the time to be together and not have to share. Yes, I was begin a little selfish. Needed to have some QT with the Future Mr. We even had a Friday night date. Dinner at home and a movie on DVD. Wonderful, just wonderful.

The next day we were up bright and early......OK not early but we were up and out of the house by 9:30am and off to spend millions on our beloved families. Once again not millions but we got some great deals. I love shopping especially when there are SALES. 10% here, 15% there. I was in heaven. Even Eric got into the mood for the holiday's. What a trooper. We got all of our shopping done. We didn't buy any gifts for ourselves just yet. Kinda hard to buy a present for your honey with him standing right next to you. But I have a good idea that he will like what I get him. (It's not a watch just in case your reading this).

Sunday we went to Eric's Aunts birthday party. She will turn 80 this month. The same day as my dad's and he will be 80 also. After the party we went and got our christmas tree, came home and decorated it. See:


What a pretty tree if I do say so myself. Put together with all the love we could muster. Go us.

The rest of the time that Eric was home we just puttered here and there. Then off to Charlotte NC for Eric that was Wednesday morning. Wednesday night I went to Manchester, NH to see a concert with my sister. Yes she did it again. She won tickets off the radio to see Evanescence and to have a meet and greet with the band. So, just in case Samantha doesn't believe me, here's the proof:


In the picture from left to right is guitar player #1, guitar player #2, my sister Karen, my niece Nicole, lead singer Amy Lee, Nicole's friend Myriah, drummer, and guitar player #3. Why am I not in the picture? Someone had to take the picture. So as you can tell I am not a very big fan. The only reason I know the lead singers name is because it was easy to remember. She was really nice. As my sister said "very down to earth." Besides that the tickets were FREE and my sister needed a co-pilot. Another advantage under the belt.

Of course, I only knew one song that they played. It's not like I listen to that kind of music. Just ask Samantha she would know. Now if it was Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill or Taylor Swift, then I would know the words to all their songs. I listen to country. Which tortured her. Samantha always wanted to change the radio station in the car to another station besides country. I told her for years that the driver gets to decide what is listened to while driving. Didn't that one bite me in the butt when she got her permit. Now it was her turn to torture me with that head banging music. It was awful. Blood was coming out of my ears. I couldn't take it. I changed the station. I got "mom, you know that the driver decides what is played on the radio, so change it back" Damn, busted. I guess what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Anyway time to rest. Didn't get home until 12:30 this morning so I didn't get my full 8-9 hours of beauty sleep. I am a monster when I don't get enough sleep. It's scary. Little kids run and hide that is how scary it is. Not really. Just a little scary. :) Until another time.

2 comments:

Army_Wifey08 said...

Well I have tp say I had you beat in the tree department. our tree was up the saturday before thanksgiving. (we got bored) it's blue and silver. and very fake!

and I hate to break it to you, but you won the station battle, because all I listen to now is country. well I just got out of work and looked at your blog so now I'm going home and going to bed. (I tired.)

Unknown said...

Beautiful tree !! Looks great in your living room.
Congrats to your sister. Glad you were able to go with her.
So nice to see you and Eric at Aunt Millie's party.
Our tree goes up this weekend. Way behind the rest of the family.
Get some rest, and enjoy the week.