Sunday, December 9, 2007

Time to Relax

I have had some low back pain the last week and a half. It is a good thing I work at a doctor's office. I had asked Becky NP, who I work with, if she could take a peek at my back. She did the exam gave me some Celebrex but she also wanted me to have an xray and then a MRI. Told her that I would do the medication and if that doesn't work then the tests.

So, the next day when I went to work, I asked Dr. Courtney if I could use ibuprofen with the Celebrex. Her question was "why are you on the Celebrex?" Once again, I explained what had happened. She said make an appointment today to see me for OMT.

Now, last time I had OMT ( osteomanpulation therapy) there was a lot of snapping. That I didn't agree with. But Dr. C said that she does a "girly" OMT. So, what the hey, I made an appointment. Another perk about working there, I can schedule my own appointments. Off we went to the OMT room. Nice and quiet. No stress there. First, she had me stand so she could find my alignment which was off just a tad, not to bad. Then, she had me lay down on my back and put her hands under me. I thought "Oh no, here it comes," she is going to pull something and make me cry. To my surprise, it was pleasant. A little on the painful side but tolerable. After a few hours, I could move. WOW..........I am cured.

That was until last night. It was our office Christmas Party. Very nice night. It was held at the Marriott. Good food, good company. The music provided by the DJ was great. The karaoke was terrible but everyone was having a good time. Since I had taken it easy earlier in the day I thought I would hit the dance floor. Not to bad. I could move if I took it easy. After about 3 dances I knew I was done. If I didn't leave it would not be good. I started to say good-bye to people. At one point the CFO said why you are leaving we haven't had a dance yet, OK, one more, than that is it. Well, if you ever had seen the movie Dirty Dancing that what he was doing. I told him that he didn't want to go there because I could dance. The challenge was on. I am a little competitive. So off I go. I was great. Jennifer Grey eat your heart out. That is until my mind said "your back, remember your back." I stopped. Look at CFO guy and thanked him for the dance and went home. Got home, got in jammies, turned on electric blanket, laid on top of said blanket and read for an hour, hoping that the heat will make my back not hurt in the morning.

I am way wrong about that. This morning I am in complete ag-go-ny, agony. So I took celebrex. Will make another appointment for OMT and be back to almost normal in a few days. The price you pay to have a little fun.

Now, I am off to relax, watch a movie, and wait to talk to the future Mr. Who, by the way, was in Mississippi yesterday at 82 degrees and on his way to Texas. He was sweating. He had said that he was near the coast. I said that he should open the windows and get the cool breeze from the ocean. He said that they must have not paid the bill, no breeze. One day he was in Maine waking up to 9 degrees and now he is in the south where the temperatures are warmer. He had asked to be home for the 24th, 25th and 26th of December. Keeping everything crossed so he will be home for that.

Everyone have a good relaxing day. Go Pat's.

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Oh no! Take care of that back...you need it for lots of stuff. (I was going to say like baking chocolate pie but that seemed insensitive...)

Take care and rest up. Hopefully it will resolve itself without too much difficulty.

Unknown said...

Hope that your back is feeling better. You don't need that problem when there is snow to be cleared from the car. Safe traveling to and from work.
Mary

Army_Wifey08 said...

I'm sorry your back hurts...I've become completely nocturnal if it makes you feel better...lol Can't wait to come home! see you soon!