Thursday, January 17, 2008

Flash Back

January 3, 2007 As you know my daughter was home for a week during the holiday's along with my brother from GA. This is the day that they leave to go home. This is how the morning went.

My brother calls and says that they can't leave today because Kelley is sick. But the rental still had to be at the airport by 11:00 am. I needed to drive to Windham to pick up my father, have my nephew follow me with the rental to the airport. Samantha is to drive cousins car to airport so we don't have to drive him back to Windham. While I was waiting in the pick up lot at the airport, a red van pulls in beside us.

A man get outs of the van and starts to scrape stuff off of it. BTW it is below the freezing mark at this point. As I watch this guy scrape the van off I was thinking and kinda laughing to myself. This guy didn't take his van through a car wash? I said to my dad, "look at that van, that guy put it through a car wash and all the water and soap suds had frozen to the van." Now I am laughing. What an idiot. My dad didn't think that's what was on the van until the guys friend came to the van and I over heard him say he took the van to the car wash. I thought that everyone knew that the freezing point was 32 degrees. At least that is what I learn in science class. Maybe I was wrong. Then I took another look at the van. Nope, not wrong. I was trying to keep a straight face but couldn't do it. Even as I write this, I still chuckle and shake my head, "what were you thinking?"

So the rental is returned, Samantha gets into the car and off we head to the Turnpike. We or should I say "I" (since I was driving) headed to the closest exit to head south to go to Logan airport to drop Samantha off for her trip home. (I was on autopilot which sometimes we all do when we know the area so well.) I knew I had to take a left onto the "on ramp" to head south. So I came to the first on ramp and took a left. After merging into traffic I realized I was headed north. Oh crap. OK let me point out to you that there were two others in the car with me, my dad who was in the front seat and Samantha do you think one of them would have noticed I took the wrong on ramp? Nope. I had to go to the next on ramp to head south. What an idiot I was. Headed to the next exist and turned around. So we get to the next exist and Samantha says "Why don't you pull a u-turn here?" I stated that there was a no u-turn sign. As I said that there was a green van with Turnpike Authority plates on it in front of me stopped at the light. When the light turned green the van made a u-turn right there in plain sight. Damn, well if he can do it so can I and I did. Now we are headed in the right direction.

So for making fun of the guy who washed his van in freezing weather, I was made to take the wrong on ramp.

Is that Karma? Maybe, maybe not.

No comments: