Monday, January 7, 2008

Head Cold Part Deux

My daughter Samantha just called me. "Mom, did I wake you?" "No, I have a cold." I said. Samantha says "you sound like crap." I said, "Geez thanks."

If anyone could hear me now, they would agree with Samantha. I think I did pretty well today. I got up this morning, took a shower, got dressed and went to work. I must have stood in the shower for at least 10 minutes before making a move to get clean. Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch, (sorry mind wanderings something to do with a 3 stooges skit) now I know I am sick. Remembering things from my childhood. Delirious from the fever. OK, OK.....so I got to work. Monday's, Tuesday's and Thursday's I answer the phones, schedule appts and do faxes, receptionist work. Wednesday's and Friday's I work as a Medical Assistant to the nurse practitioner.

As soon as the phone were taken off service, my head exploded. I couldn't think to save my life. "Maine Centers for Healthcare, how my I direct your call?" This usually tells people that you just answer the phone and that they need to speak with someone else. WELL, today was different. All I wanted to do was get the patients off my line and onto someone who can help. But NOOOOOO. I had to hear about the toilet bowl filled with blood because someone was stupid enough to wait 5 hours to call their doctors office instead of going to the EMERGENCY ROOM. Go to the ER you dumb ass. (Having a cold makes me a tad evil) Thats what I was thinking but what I said was (in my MA voice), "you really should have gone to the ER. They are better equipped at taking care of something like this than we are."
"Really, do you think I should have gone to the ER?"
"yes" was all that I could say.
"OK I will go to the ER."
Thank You Jesus. I think a little praying is good every now and then.

The phones rang and rang and before I knew it, it was lunch time. Yeah I get to go eat my tomato soup. No phones to answer. Wrong. The nurse practitioner was on the phone and wanted to talk to me. Great. Not bad though, only a 10 minute phone conversation. Now soup.

I know I took some DayQuil but I can't remember what time that was. Oh well. If I can find some NyQuil I will be one happy sick person. Will dig through every drawer in this house, if I don't find anything oh well too sick to care.

I might have to invest in a sick slave. One that only comes around when I am sick, picks up all the snotty tissues and things. Will have to talk to Eric about that one. Hey, a girl can wish can't she?

Speaking of Eric, he is very thoughtful in what he says and does. I admire him for all the work that he has done with raising money for MDA, giving blood when he can and even giving the last $2.00 that he has in his pocket to someone he has never met. He makes me what to be a better person. That is one of the reason why I love him. He also has a great sense of humor which makes us a great team. We are laughing all the time. What an amazing man. Love him buckets and pails.

Dog is bugging me to play, so off I go. But before I go I have some sad news.......the 2 foot Bobo didn't make it. After a week of tugging and pulling, the squeaker is gone along with a lot of stuffing that is still on the floor as I am ,you know, too sick to clean. ::cough, cough:: But on a positive note, the quacker (duck side) is still intact. Once again it is with great sadness...OK who I am kidding, I was sick of hearing the squeak, I am glad its gone....hee hee. Any hoo. Time to bid adieu.

Adios.

2 comments:

Army_Wifey08 said...

AHH BOBO DIED!?!?!?!?!

that makes me sad...::pout::

Army_Wifey08 said...

who's future SIL?