Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Planning Continues along with some R&R for Eric.

Eric got home as planned on Halloween. I drove in the driveway and saw the Big Orange Truck. Yeah. So, we spend the first night like we always do. Eric sleeping and me, watching him. I know, I know what exciting times we have. We are the envy of all our friends.

The next night (Thursday) we drove to Atlantic Limousine to check out the cars. Nice, very nice. The limo was a Chrysler 300 C. Seats 10. Nice lighting. Mirror on the ceiling. And if we want....Champagne. The other was a stretch Chrysler 300 C. That is the one we use for after the ceremony. Just for Eric and I. I don't know what to do with the limo after the ceremony but I am sure we will figure something out. So we put a deposit down. Yeah. One thing down. Twelve million to go.

Friday night we didn't do anything. We sat at home. This was nice. Not having to rush anywhere. Just came home from work, cooked dinner and had a very quiet night at home. This is something that we don't get to do very much of. With Eric gone 21 days out of the month, the days that we don't have to do anything are the best days of the month.

On Saturday it was different. We went to the florist. Showed Eric the flowers that I wanted. He had given me a lovingly hard time about looking at the flowers but in the end he was happy. As much happiness a man can muster looking at flowers. He was a good sport about it. So we put a deposit down for the flowers.

The whole time we were at the florist, Eric was thinking "cake". So after going to the florist we headed over to the baker. We got our four sample cakes. Now the whole time Eric was away he thought that he would have all the cakes to ourselves. I kept on telling him that 6" cakes are a good size and that there was no way we were eating all that cake by ourselves. I invited a few friends over to help. At this point Eric was saying, "Every time I talk to you, your half of the cakes are getting smaller." I'm thinking to myself if he thinks that he can eat half of 4 six inch cakes I am going to have one sick Fiancee on my hands. But when he saw the size of the cakes he know there was no way he could do that. Not that he didn't want to try but being an adult, sometimes ;), he knows his limits. Back to the house to drop off the cakes and to wait for the next appointment. Keeley's the Katerer.

I really didn't want to go to Keeley's because I thought it wouldn't hold up to the standard that I was looking for. Boy, was I wrong. We got there around 4:00pm. One of the rooms was set up for a birthday. I was nice. I thought that there wasn't going to be any room for dancing (heard rumors). Wrong again. Both Eric and I agreed that it would be a nice place to have our reception. So we put a deposit down.

Thank God at my last workplace they had profit sharing. So when I left I received a pretty good amount to help put deposits down. If I didn't have that I would be Freaking out right now. But I am not. I refuse to be a Bridezilla. If it comes down to me becoming a bridezilla, someone slap me. But not to hard....don't like the stinging.

Now to the cake tasting....


  • Cake #1 Strawberry w/strawberry cream filling and strawberry preserve filling. OMG. Way, Way to sweet. Insulin shock. Tester opinion's: Good for B-Day cake, but not wedding cake.
  • Cake #2 Spice Cake w/ apple filling. Not so much.Tester opinion's: A tad on the dry side, but it was OK.
  • Cake #3 Chocolate w/raspberry cream filling and raspberry preserve filling. Yummy. Tester opinion's: Now we are cooking. Good flavor. Best one yet.
  • Cake #4 Irish Cream w/chocolate walnut filling. My favorite. Tester opinion's Very good, but Cake #3 wins overall.

But since no one's opinion counts but for mine and Eric's we like that Irish Cream. But the frosting was too sugary. Need to find out if other bakery's do cake testing. I know, I know, I have to fit into a wedding dress, but not until March. So, if I get all the tasting done before January when I start my diet, I'm good. That's the plan and I am sticking to it. If anyone out there know of some place/one that makes great wedding cakes let me know. I need all the help I can get.

Then on Sunday we took a little trip to Rockland to visit Eric's friends Andy and Kate. It was a very nice visit. Had food, drinks and laughter. What a way to spend a Sunday. Eric asked Andy to be his best man. Yeah, one down three more to go.

Since I already have asked my sister to be my maid of honor, my daughter Samantha to be co-maid of honor, Eric's sister Ann, my friend's Tracy and Alicia to be my bridemaids, Eric is a little behind. But I know he will catch up. It's not like it's a race to see who can find their attendents first. But if it was I WIN, I WIN. But it's not (bummer) so on we go to the next step.

What the next step is I really don't know. But finding cakes would be a good thing.

Until Then.

No comments: