Sunday, November 11, 2007

Two Posts Back to Back.

No one faint. I know that I haven't been faithful in posting but in my defence, Eric was home for 5 days and I was a little distracted. Now that he is "on the road again" (country song by Willie Nelson I think) I am able to do a least 2 postings a week. That is until he comes home again.

So to keep myself a little busy while Eric is gone, I do a few things here and there. One of them was going to my newphew Tyler's last soccer game. Since I am the favorite Auntie, I thought I would be the Official Picture Taker. That was great. Eric has this feature on one of his camera that lets you take a series of pictures. All you have to do is hold down the button and off you go. I felt like a pro. Taking shot after shot. Then Tyler gets the ball and heads off to the goal. He scores. I got it all. Woo Hoo, fantastic job Auntie, your the best.

Off I go to the homestead to look at the pictures that I had taken. To my surprise, they had come out quite well. Now all I have to do it put them in a file. But first I should try to save one on the desktop just to be on the save side. To make sure I know what I am doing. Ta da. It works. See photo.


Not the best of them but Tyler is the red head going after the ball. Off to score another goal. He scored three that game. So I knew what I had to do. Make a folder and put pictures into folder. No problem. Done. Now rename new folder. Now I thought I knew how to do this, you learn that in basic computer 101. I took that class. Easy as pie. Well not as easy as I thought. Turns out instead of just typing over the words new folder (which was highlighted), I hit the delete button instead. And guess what happened......the pictures were gone. Even looked in the recycle bin. Nothing. Called my sister told her what happened. Bad Auntie. Not some much the favorite anymore. Oh by the way did I tell you that it had rained the night before. At the soccer field they have a dirt parking lot. Water + Dirt = MUD. Good thing I had the truck. A Ford Ranger 4X4. Big tires, little mud. At least that is what I thought until Eric got home. But that is another story.

Today being a nice but chill one, I went to Scarborough State Park Beach. Took the camera again. Glutten for punishment. But I think I got some good pictures. There were a few surfers out. Brrr. Winter Temp waters. Very Brrr. Actually the waves were out in force. One right after another. It was nice. So here are a few of the pictures that I took. Hope you like them.



There is a surfer in this one. Didn't realize I got him.


















































































5 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Those are great pictures!!! Isn't it nice to have a fiance with a great camera? Too bad about the soccer pix, though. It's odd that there is no way to recover them...you'd think that the computer people would have caught on to people like us who like to hit buttons. We need a back up plan!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful ocean pictures. Nothing better than a trip to the ocean to help one relax. Love the sound of waves hitting the rocks and shore line, along with the sound of the sea gulls. A walk on the beach certainly got you some great pictures.
Mary

Roadside Manners said...

I'm leaving a message!

Army_Wifey08 said...

I FOUND IT!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

Army_Wifey08 said...

Well...i figured i should leave a real comment. I learned that big tires plus mud does equal mess! When I go out to jacksons work sites they always have mud, So i splash around and make the truck as dirty as possible, just cause I like watching Jackson wash it. yeah I know. i'm evil. too bad we're looking at a new car...No more off roading..::pout::