Monday, November 19, 2007

What a night.

On Sunday, I was on my way out the door to return some unmentionables to Wal Mart. As I was getting into the car, my cell phone rings. It was Eric. Usually when he calls I ask where is he but I asked him what he was doing. He was on his way to Kohl's to make a delivery. Then I asked where he was, thinking that he was going to say New York, CT, or MA he said Kittery. What!?! Which Kohl's are you going too? He said the one in Westbrook.

Christmas had come early for me. I was so excited. I get to see Eric. But I had to wait to see if he could drop off his load early because it wasn't due to be dropped off until 5 am today. If that was the case then he could come home for the night. Yeah. If not, then he would have to spend the night in the truck. Yuck. He would call me back. I waited and waited, then I couldn't wait any longer. So I called him.

He said he was just about to call me. Once again, I asked where are you? Wal Mart parking lot. I told him I would be right there. I picked him up. Got some dinner. Went home, ate, did laundry, Eric told a shower, (first one in two days, stinky boy, whew)talked for a little bit, went to bed, got up 5:30 am (I am not an morning person), took Eric back to the truck and off he goes again. Very brief visit. Almost to the point you want to say.....who was that masked man?

Looking good for him to be home for Thanksgiving, but not holding my breath. Keeping fingers crossed instead. Will know more later tonight. Now I am off to get ready for work.

Great to see Eric for the few hours that we had. Can't wait to talk to him tonight.

No comments: