Thursday, November 15, 2007

I am innocent, I swear.

Well it seems that when it is time for me to take the truck out for a drive, it rains. I just don't understand this. Especially since the truck is clean or should I say was clean.

As I had mentioned before, I had used the truck to attend my nephew's soccer game after a day of rain. That the parking lot was a little muddy and I drove through a puddle. Come to think of it I don't recall saying that last part about the puddle, oh well the cats out of the bag now.

I told Eric that the truck was a little dirty the last time he was home and explaining all this in my "sweetheart" voice and a look of pure innocence. He looked at me with confusion on his face. Do I believe my "tomboy" fiancee or do I just go and have a look see. "What?" Trying to pass off the innocent look again. (You know the look....it's the one like Puss-n-Boots in the movie Shrek 2, right before he takes out his sword to start fighting.) Of course, he didn't fall for that. He said that he would look at it the next morning. Good thing I had to work.

OK, so there was some mud on the tires, in the wheel wells of all 4 tires. Mud sprayed along the front panels on both sides and a very pretty mud splat pattern a across the tailgate. But that was it. I promise. I do take credit for the everything except for the tailgate. Well maybe just a little blame for that....since I parked by a puddle that I knew people would be driving through. But what can I say, I got a sweet parking space right next the the soccer field. It was prefect. Besides I would have had to park at least 8 or 9 cars down and that just wouldn't do. No sirree bub. Me lazy. Less walking I have to do on a Sunday morning at 10:00 AM is OK by me. At least I made it to the game. It was a SUNDAY after all. So anyhoo.....

We have a friend who works at a Scrub a Dub car wash. Eric and I was discussing the "mud". I didn't think it was all that bad but Eric had a different opinion. He brought it over to the car wash (as my friend Tracy states " have Eric wash it when he comes home, all he does is sit on his butt all day anyway") and our friends sides with Eric. I was appalled. She broke the sister rule # 458 "No matter how bad it is, lie" or at least fib a little. She felt so bad for Eric that she gave him a free wash. He really was working the sympathy card. Oh, my poor truck.

Actually, he was really great about the whole thing. We just laugh about it. (It's not like I hit a mailbox with the outside mirror and took the mailbox right off the stand. Or back into a retaining wall at my parents house. Those things never took place. That is my story and I am sticking to it.) Eric has an even temper. Never once has he raised his voice to me or to anyone I know. He is a great guy. Love him to pieces.

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

Meh...it gives him something to do. Otherwise, he might become bored with his downtime and start perusing the shopping channels. Before you know it, you'll have six steam cleaners, a chainsaw and a series of American Girl collectible dolls.

Frankly, you did him a favor.