Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day

All in all it wasn't a bad day, except for the part that the Future Mr wasn't home. Still on the road doing the trucker thing. Praying that he makes it home for Christmas.

Went to the Future-in-laws at noon and had a wonderful dinner. Turkey, mashed potatoes, squash, yams (I think), peas and another veggie I can't remember what it was. Maybe it was because I passed on it. I thought I had enough on my plate as it was. I had to save room for my future sister-in-laws homemade bread. I am not talking about the bread that you buy in a package and put in a bread machine. NO WAY. I mean, real honest to goodness, punch down the dough and let rise again, bread.

She had made a new recipe...Challa Bread. OH MY. I think I had a slice of heaven. Perfect as perfect you can get. This is now my favorite. And since Christmas is coming and she is the family bread maker and she reads my blog, maybe she will get the hint to make this again. That would be wonderful.....my favorite future sister-in-law. The Bread Maker from heaven. What more can I say, it was the best.

Now, off to my parent's house for more turkey. At this point I am ready for a nap but there was turkey to be eaten, again. Dinner was almost ready when I got there. Gravy had to be made. Broccoli had to be cooked and the turkey still had a little time left. (I am so glad that I almost had time to digest my first meal before eating the second one.) Turkey is done. I don't know when I became the gravy maker but that is now my job. I think it is the easiest thing to make on Thanksgiving. A little flour, a little butter, salt, pepper and the dripping from the turkey and presto....gravy. All in a matter of minutes. So once again I had turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, rolls, cranberry sauce, veggies. I had a little slice of chocolate cream pie and I thought I was ready to explode. Not eating again until Christmas.

I was not the only one having two Thanksgiving dinners. Sargeant was just about turkeyed out as I was. He had lunch which is a treat for him...turkey, a little mashed tater, peas and turnip. One very happy puppy. As usual he left a present at the in-laws. Not even Christmas yet. Since he is a small dog. He only leaves small presents.



What a handsome guy. Now my in-laws shouldn't be the only one he leaves presents for...Oh no that would not do. My parent are just as special. He likes to share. Good dog.

So after the dinners off to home we go. Sargeant was the first to fall asleep. I think he was asleep even before I pulled out of the driveway. Then when we got home, he was asleep on his doggy bed in mere seconds. I wish I could fall asleep that fast. One deep breath and he was gone. Lucky. After taking care of the leftovers that I careful put into the freezer for when Eric comes home, off to bed for me.

All in all it was a good day. Having not just one family but two nothing is better than that.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You might be interested to know that F-M-I-L gave away all of the chocolate pie and I had N-O-N-E!!!! That is a family tradition.
F-F-I-L