Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Great Baby Watch '08

Well, it seems that Jarrid wants to arrive a little head of schedule. Late Thursday night I get a call from Samantha telling me that she was in the hospital. When I say late I mean 11:45 pm late. I was in the "sleep daze" when I answer the phone.

" 'ello"
" hi mom I just wanted to let you know that I am in the hospital." At this point you would think that I would wake right up, right? Nope, not me.
"ok" At this point, the conversation gets a little foggy for me so I don't remember all of it but I do remember Sam asking me if I wanted to know what hospital she was in. All I could think of was I had to get out of bed, get paper and a pen to write it down. My body didn't move, I couldn't make a sound.

Samantha said that she would call me on Friday and let me know where she was. Good idea. I think I mumbled good night, I love you and talk to you later.

Yesterday it took every fiber of my being not to call as soon as I got to work. The time difference is really a killer. Finally at 11:00 am EST, I call Jackson parents house. No one answered. They were either still asleep or at the hospital. I called Jackson's work phone and all it did was ring. Great. Just as I was starting to get into the panic mode my phone rings and it was Samantha.

She was home. At 32 weeks , it is too soon to have this baby. They had given her a shot to stop the contractions. Her second one in as many weeks. That must have went over like a ton of bricks. She is deathly afraid of needles. She faints when she has to have blood drawn. On top of all that, she has another bladder infection. She as given antibiotic and was put on bed rest for the rest of her pregnancy.

I read her blog today and started to freak out a little bit because she was having contractions again and went to play tea with Katie (Jackson's niece/sister) who is I believe 18 or 19 months. Something like that.

So I called and left a message for Samantha to call me. She called me back. She said that she only had two contractions yesterday and hasn't had any today. She still feels like crap but she is resting. I also told her no more playing tea unless it was on the bed. She kinda agreed.

She is stubborn. I have NO idea where she gets that from. It must be from Eric, yeah thats it, Eric. Blame the guy in the truck. LOL

Anyway, Samantha is fine. Jarrid is fine but he is wanting to see the world. He probably knows that Great Auntie Sheep has become a knitting factory for all things baby and wants to see what he is getting. He is just going to have to wait like the rest of us.

He will be the only baby with a glow-in-the dark blankie.

All the others will be jealous.

2 comments:

Army_Wifey08 said...

11:45 is not THAT late.


it's before midnight. Anything after midnight is late.

Heck we didn't even get home till midnight. That's late.

Army_Wifey08 said...

oh and I didn't faint when they gave me the iv. i just threw up on jackson and the nurse...hahaha