Saturday, February 9, 2008

Weight Loss Diary

Dear Diary:

This week hasn't been all that good. Believe it or not, I think that I am not eating enough to lose weight. That's right not eating ENOUGH. I only lost 4 tenths of a pound (digital scale). One would think that eating less would make you lose weight, right? Wrong. If you don't eat enough, your body goes into starvation mode. Which means instead of losing, your body is saying "Danger, Danger Will Robertson." "We need to conserve. To much output, not enought input. We need to save the fat."

At this point I want to scream. That is not how it works. But the body knows. You can't fool it. The only way to lose weight is to keep to a calorie limit (back to slimfast calorie counter), to increase your exercise and drink plenty of water.

Now that my mind knows this, I would do better. Nope not me. But I am continuing to fight the endless battle of losing weight. Counting calories is like playing chess, all about the strategy. What and when to make the next move so that you can get enough to lose weight.

Even trying to think of finding a wedding dress right now is unthinkable. Well ok I do think about it, I might even have gone online and found a few (5) to try on. But I still have a couple of weeks left to lose at least 3 more pounds. Then I know I will be ready. Really ready to seriously start trying on wedding dresses.

That's about all I have for now. Keep the faith diary. I will lose weight, I will lose weight.

3 comments:

Army_Wifey08 said...

I think I can. I think I can. that's all you have to say.

The color is the applesauce cake, but it's not the original applesauce cake. it's more like burnt applesauce cake. lol

Sheepish Annie said...

It's funny...you go forever waiting for the weight to come off and then, suddenly, it starts to happen! Hang in there! For what it's worth, I'm not losing any right now, either. But, that may be because of the black and white cookies...

Army_Wifey08 said...

Maybe she did call you on accident. All though on her myspace and facebook, she still has all the pictures of us together in an album named "Best friends"