Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Blonde Moment?!?

As you may know by now, Eric is home. Yeah. I wasn’t excepting him to be home until Tuesday. On Monday, I was at work doing what everyone is excepted to do….work. I happened to catch, out of the corner of my eye, someone moving around near the check-in window. To my surprise it was Eric and he was holding a bouquet of flowers. He had come home on Monday, one day early. I was so happy to see him. I missed him very much. I had the brightest smile on my face; we didn’t even need to have the lights on. Everyone at work watched me as I walked very fast out to the front to get the biggest and bestest hug. Nothing like having an audience watching making oohing and aahing noises. It was the best day of the month.

Lying in bed last night, we were talking about this last trip and how Eric thought it was one of the worst runs he has had. Then I remember about one of our phone conversations about Jell-O.

Eric had gone to Canada to make a delivery to some town I can’t remember the name of. Then he went to pick up a trailer full of gelatin. Gelatin is what makes Jell-O. As I was talking to him, he decides to tell me that he now knows what Jell-O is made of. I said I knew what Jell-O was made of and where it came from. Eric stated that he would never eat Jell-O again. Really? Really. I had told him that Jell-O was made out of gelatin that comes from the hoof of cows. “Oh contraire, monfraire” he says. (Something he says all the time when he “thinks” he is right) It is made out of something else. At this point I am trying to figure out what else gelatin is made out of.

At this point let me explain that Eric is not a cook. I think the only reason he asked me to marry him is so that he will have at least one good meal a day. I know that is not true but it could be.

Eric decided to give me some hints. He started to explain that it was a small, furry woodland animal. I said, “Squirrel?” Nope. I was trying to thing what else it could be. Chipmunk? What other thing in the forest would be considered a small woodland animal? After a few minutes I gave up. What is gelatin made out of? Eric said “porcupine”

WHAT??? No way you got to be kidding. I knew that wasn’t right. He said it was true. Eric went to pull out the bill of lading and started to spell P-O-R-C-I-N-E. Oh My God. You got to be kidding. I am laughing so hard; tears are coming out of my eyes. I am falling off the chair. After catching my breath, I said very sweetly, “Honey, that is pig not porcupine” I actually started to snort like a pig, I was laughing so hard.

He is so cute. Love him to pieces. More phone conversations like this one, would fill pages and pages of blog.

Until next phone conversation.

No comments: