Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My family

My future sister-in-law is a knitter. She loves to knit. She has her own spinning wheel so she can make her own yarn. She makes a lot of socks. At first I didn't know what she was doing with all those socks until last Wednesday night I was watching Pushing Daisy's (ABC at 8:00). One of the character is a knitter. He, yes I said he, is a private investigater. He pulled out his trusty knitting needles; rescued himself and two other's from deadly harm. He gets the reward. He is sitting in his office he pulls out.......a knitted sock which he puts the reward money into, then he opens his desk drawer and puts the money loaded sock with the other socks. That is when I realized I know what she does with all those knitted socks. I just have to find the "secret desk drawer." blog: sheepishannie.blogspot.com

My future husband is a long-haul truck driver. Something he has always wanted to do. Schneider National is the company that he drives for. He is gone for 3 weeks at a time. Thank God it's only for a year then he finds something so that he can be home more. Some of my friends would love for their significant others to go away for that long but believe me it is too long a time to be separated from him. No one to take the trash out, but you. No one to talk to except the dog and he really doesn't say to much. No one to make you feel better when you are sick. No one to whine to when you are sick. No one to reach the high places. I know you are thinking "why not get a chair?" I could do that, but when your honey is over 6 feet tall it's just easier to ask "honey,will you get that can of dog food?" Why did he put the dog food way up there I just don't know. Maybe just because he could. Of course, he has a blog also: roadsidemanners.blogspot.com


We have a Yorkshire Terrier. His names is Sargeant. Yorkies are a hunting breed. They were used to go into holes and kill rats. Yuck. So he is a small dog about 7 pounds and about 20 inches long. It was a beautiful fall day in Maine today. (Unfortunately I have a slight head cold and left work early today to rest up for tomorrow.) The dog wanted to go out. So I let him out to do his "business". We came in. I changed from work clothes to I feel like crap clothes and head back to my favorite chair. The dog had different plans. He was barking like a mad dog while he was looking out the slider window. What was he all excited about? A bird. One lone bird on the lawn.......tauting the dog in the house. Well will we stand for that? Let a Robin get the best of my wonderful smart dog? Nope. Slider opens, out goes dog almost catching Robin. Dog stops looking in the air for Robin. Slowly he turns, step by step, he sees more. With the wind blowing his golden locks back against his head, he is off like a bullet out of a gun. Gone. But alas, no birdy for doggy. But the yard is once again bird free. Until tomorrow.

No, dog does not have a blog. His long fur gets in the way of his typing.


My daughter Samantha know lives in California. She met a boy (Isn't that the way is always begins) who is from CA and decided to move out there to experience life. Good for her. Now she needs to come home....just kidding. She graduated in June. The picture is of her and Eric (future husband). Aren't they just adorable. Ok I just realized I am pooped. Need a brake. Starting to feel like crap again. Sorry Sam will write more about you when I feel better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now we can read about all the families activities. Hope you are feeling better.