Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lastest Brain Dropping

Hello

Last night as I lay in bed I was thinking that I haven't up-dated the blog. What could I write about? Then it came to me. It was brilliant, the best idea that I have had in a long time. But I was just too tired to get up and write about it. Then I said to myself, "Self, why not do it when you get home from work tomorrow." Two brilliant ideas in one night, how can I stand myself. Sometimes I amaze myself.

Now you are asking, what was so brilliant that it would be a fine posting on my blog? Well let me tell you, I wish I knew. Yup, that is right the idea was so blindingly brilliant that I forgot what it was. I think it had something to do with the dog. But that is all I remember. Oh well, maybe next time I will get up in the middle of the night, run down to the computer and.........whom am I kidding, get up in the middle of the night; no way, not me. I happen to like sleep. Especially when it comes in rare form.

The last couple of nights, insomnia was my middle name. It was really bad the night the Red Sox won the AL Championship and off to the World Series. Maybe I was so excited and then maybe not. I had stayed up until the last out. Which was at midnight and then realizing that I was a bit tired but not all that much. The dog didn't help much. He hogged the bed. That's right my 7 pound, 20 inch little baby is a bed hog and I sleep in a Queen size bed. I tossed and then he would turn. Toss, turn. Toss turn. Like a scene from Swan Lake. Carefully choregraphed until that fateful last toss. I had taken the blanket (yes I was cold) and pulled them right out from under the dog. Off he flew to the other side and in mid air he twisted and landed on his feet. I thought only cats did that. But I guess when you are his size nothing is impossible. Sargeant the Amazing Flying Dog.

So last night was a good sleeping night. I think what helped is that I could talk to my honey right before I went to sleep and the fact that I could sleep flat for the first time in a week. I had my extra large fan on along with my desk fan. All that noise. White noise. Best noise you can have when getting only 10 hours of sleep in the last two days. I slept like a new born babe. I woke up feeling better. Until I went to work as one of my fine co-workers pointed out, "You look like I feel." Great I thought I was doing better. Maybe one more night of fans will get me looking a little more human in the morning. Besides, I have to rest up for the first game of the World Series. GO RED SOX.

I am a Red Sox fan. Always has been, always will be. I remember my dad watching the games on TV in the 1970's and sitting next to him trying to watch them too. When the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004. I had tears in my eyes. Not just because the "curse" was broken but because my dad was a true Red Sox Fan. I couldn't wait to call him that night but it was late and I didn't know if he had gone to bed yet. So the phone call had to wait until the next day. What a memory to carry with you for the rest of your life. Sharing something special with your dad. That was a good day.

Now do you think I could pass this baseball bonding with my daughter.....oh no. She was at one point....no I can't say it.....it hurts too much.....a Yankees fan. There I said it...the pain is too much to bear. My own flesh and blood. TRAITOR. Of course this was due to a boy. Damn him. Now she says she doesn't even like baseball. Where, oh where, did I go wrong.

Actually, Samantha has her own interests. She likes music. She can play the Flute, Clarinet, Tenor sax and some piano. I don't know where she gets all her talent. No one in my family can carry a tune, not even in a paper bag. Good for her. Hopefully she will continue to play even though she is done with school.

It smells like my dinner is done. So I am off the eat. Have a great night.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It appears to me that only one good night's sleep is left for a couple of days. Red Sox will keep you up once again.The best part of retirement is being able to stay up late, and not having to greet the masses on the next morning.
Sleep tight,rain might make for a good background noise.
Mary